POSITION SUMMARY: To provide administrative support to the staff of Concierge Healthcare Consulting, a Geriatric Care Management practice which serves Westchester, Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Queens Counties.
Direct Report: CEO
Hours: Part-Time, 15-20 hours a week
Location: Remote and field
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Provide administrative, client and billing support in the following ways:
Provide Administrative Support
- Work with CEO and other care managers to update care plans when necessary.
- Prepare new client agreements and distribute for CEO and new client signature.
- Research and identify elder care professionals for future networking, communication and referrals as directed and document contact information in CRM. Professional fields include medical, assisted living staff, legal, senior living, home care, skilled nursing, social work, community, and other contacts that third party contacts, resources and upload to client marketing data bases and create contact list
- Identify vendors and secure quotes as directed to address client needs.
- Document activities adhering to the policies and procedures.
- Gain intermediate level proficiency in practice systems and databases. Ensure information remains up to date.
- Maintain client agreements, reports research, quotes, medical records, pharmacy records in an organized and easily retrievable fashion.
- Maintain CEO’s calendar and make appointments when necessary.
Provide Client Support
- Make client doctor appointments over the phone or via patient portal.
- Order client medications on the phone or via patient portals.
- Run client errands like going to the post office, buying personal items for clients online or in-person when necessary.
- Identifying home care agencies, private duty nurses, transportation, cleaning services, contractors, elder care professionals, etc. and make recommendations based on client needs.
- Assist with completing applications for various services by collecting client financial and coverage information.
- Assist clients in accessing health related services, including but not limited to: obtaining or maintaining a safe home, providing instruction on appropriate use of medical equipment, overcoming barriers to obtaining needed medical care and social services
- Conduct phone-cased check ins with home health aides to perform status checks on clients.
Provide Billing Support
- Maintain client records in care management database. This includes ensuring that all client information is up to date.
- Use CareTree and QuickBooks to prepare client invoices on a twice monthly basis.
Perform related duties as required.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in an administrative or office management capacity.
- Experience working in an environment that serves the elderly a plus.
- Experience working with executive level professionals.
- Experience and comfort working in a dynamic work environment with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Software knowledge: Beginner to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to learn and become proficient in practice software: CareTree care management system, a customer relationship management database, Constant Contact and social media platforms.
- Decision-making: Make independent decisions on a daily basis, addressing the best way to handle specific tasks.
- Communications and collaboration: Collaborate with other team members and clients on a regular basis.
- Organizational skills: Organization and prioritization are the core elements of this role. Know how to keep yourself and others organized and how to determine which tasks are the most important on a given list.
- Writing: Must be proficient in spelling, punctuation, sentence structure.
- Acts with honesty, integrity, and compassion: Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically.